Hello Tuesday … Goodbye Monday!
Yesterday was the last Monday of the school year. I cannot believe how fast school sped by this year! Next year I will have 3 daughters in high school and my son in his second year of middle school. How is it that I could be that old?
Even though my kids are past the age of traditional teacher gifts, I still love to see all the different ideas out there for the younger kids. I know that a lot of you out there still have younger kids, so this post is for you. However, I think today’s Teach Me Tuesday idea can be given to anyone. It would make a great hostess gift, birthday present or a gift to your older child’s favorite teacher.
This is easy folks … anyone – young or old can handle this one. Here we go:
via http://www.duitang.com (a chinese blog)
1. Gather your two supplies! Clean Tuna Cans and Clothes Pins!
2. Start clipping your clothes pins around the outside of the tuna can.
3. Continue clipping all the way around until you have covered the entire outside of the can.
4. Add a small plant or grass to the center of the tuna can. You can also add the little heart adornments if you wish.
5. If you are not feeling the plant – try a candle!
I think this would also look really cool if you took the time to paint the clothes pins in a bright color.
Have you been trying to figure out a way to honor your child’s teacher for very little money? This project is perfect for you! And… the best part is you now know what you are having for dinner tonight … TUNA!
Hope your life is more heaven than havoc!