Good morning! It has been a very interesting last few days. Converting my blog over to a new site has been anything but easy. I am still working out some glitches so thank you for your patience.
Today’s Teach Me Tuesday is a very simple idea with dramatic results. This would make an amazing Mother’s Day Gift. A vase covered in picture negatives. Who doesn’t have a bunch of picture negatives laying around? With the age of film being behind us, this is a great way to recycle your old negatives.
1. The Finished Product: Vase covered in negatives – then put a flameless candle inside to light up and see the effect!
2. Supplies: Square Vase (these can be picked up at the Dollar Store, Walmart, Hobby stores), Mod Podge, foam brush and Picture Negatives.
3. Measure: Measure the negatives against the side of your vase and cut into strips.
4. Apply: Apply the Mod Podge with a foam brush, one side at a time.
5. Add: Add strips on top of the mod podge on each side. Mod Podge acts as a glue and will hold the strips in place.
6. Continue: Continue adding the strips around the vase.
7. Press: Press all the strips in place ensuring that there are no bubbles.
8. Cover: Cover the entire vase in another layer of mod podge. Mod podge goes on white but then dries clear and provides a hard coat on top of the negatives.
9. Candle: Place a flameless candle inside the vase in order to light up the negatives.
10. Admire: Sit back and admire your handy work – be proud at how amazing your gift for your mom turned out!
I think this project would be really amazing if you used old negatives from when you and/or your loved ones were younger. Just be sure your negatives have been transferred to a digital file so that you don’t lose the original pictures. Four simple supply items to product one amazing finished product? What are you waiting for?
Hope your life is more heaven than havoc!